The Daughters of St. Paul was founded in Alba, Italy by Blessed James Alberione with his closest collaborator, Venerable Thecla Merlo on June 15, 1915. Ever attentive to the signs of the times, Fr. James Alberione intuitively understood the special contribution consecrated women could give to society and to the Church, particularly to evangelization in the far-reaching and complex world of communications. The Daugthers of St. Paul is one of the five(5) religious congregations founded by Alberione which, together with four(4) aggregated institutes and the Pauline Cooperation, make up the Pauline Family.
Three(3) Italian Daughters of St. Paul planted the Congregation on Philippine soil in October 13, 1938 in Lipa City, Batangas. The Philippines foundation has branched out to nearby countries of Malaysia, Papua New Guinea and Thailand, and has come to be called the Philippines-Malaysia-Papua New Guinea-Thailand Province. Today, the Congregation is present in fifty-two(52) nations in all the world's continents.
The Charism given to the Founder for the Church and for all those who have followed him in the Pauline Family is living Christ and communicating Him to the world in the field of social communication in the spirit of St. Paul and in the atmosphere of Mary, Queen of Apostles.
Consecrated women apostles committed to follow Jesus Master for evangelization through all means and forms of social communication, in the spirit of St. Paul and the guidance of Mary.
To attain this vision we commit ourselves:
To follow wholeheartedly Jesus Master, Way, Truth and Life by living the vows of chastity, poverty, and obedience in community;
To proclaim zealously Jesus Master, Way, Truth and Life at the service of the Church for total and integral evangelization of peoples; and
To be creatively faithful to the charism of the Founder using all means and forms of social communication that progress provides, in the spirit of St. Paul the Apostle, in the atmosphere of Mary, Queen of Apostles.